Under the guidance and direction of the Clinical Coordinator, the Clinical Case Manager works in concert with the Behavioral Supports Coordinator, Special Education Coordinator, and Behavioral Specialist to provide clinical supports, training, and guidance to behavioral staff. Oversees the implementation of treatment protocols for individual students via the treatment plans.
- Provides clinical training, support, and guidance for school staff, in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator.
- Provide crisis support and intervention for students.
- Provides one-on-one counselling, group therapy and integrated therapeutic practices in the school.
- Communicates with related mental health professionals.
- Addresses mental health concerns with students throughout the day.
- Participates in Laraway School and agency meetings, trainings, events, etc.
- Completes related program specific, agency related and regulatory paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships and appropriate boundaries with staff, clients and community.
Academic, Therapeutic, and Behavior Services:
- Fosters a positive approach to problem solving and maintains a positive environment.
- Models and utilizes best practices when working one-on-one or in small groups.
- Develop and maintain trauma informed best practices: connection, building relationships, naming emotions, co-regulation, empathy, acceptance, congruence, presence, and attunement. Maintain awareness of own affect, posture, body language, and complexity and tone of language. Staff should be comfortable asking for a break and peers comfortable subbing staff out and letting staff know they can step in and give a break.
- Participate in ongoing evaluations and reviews of Individual Plan of Care (IPC), Individual Education Plan, and behavior support plans and support student in understanding of these plans and supports.
- Become familiar with students’ academic abilities and disabilities, treatment needs, and behavior plans in accordance with their Individual Education and Treatment Plan.
The position requires using therapeutic communication, experiential learning and strength based strategies to provide opportunities for youth to make positive choices, gain self-confidence, advance their academic skills and learn skills critical to their lifelong development. A strong sense of professionalism is required. The person shall present themselves as a strong role model for children and adolescents and demonstrate management and supervision of students in accordance with program policies, philosophies, and mission. Must maintain confidentiality and privacy of those seeking services, with peers, on and off site, and in all forms of communication.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in counseling or social work, roster eligible, with licensure preferred.
- Prior experience involving direct service work in a clinical setting for youth.
- Successful Criminal Background Check, Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and daily access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.
- The following certifications are preferred and if not current must be completed upon hire.
- Ability to complete Handle with Care, Part 1 and Part 2, certifications and maintain.
- First Aid & CPR certification
- Given the at-risk population served, the position requires ongoing training and preparedness in the execution of physical restraint techniques. This may require running to catch a child. The “Handle with Care” training program used articulates that individuals with back and neck limitations are likely to be hampered in the execution of the protocols and greatly increases risk to harm to self or student.
- Ability to engage youth in physical activities such hiking, outdoor sports, etc.
Note: The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.