The Behavioral Interventionist will carry dual responsibilities depending on the needs of the students and the class. Provides daily educational and behavioral support to individual students struggling to find success in the educational setting. Candidates will also support individualized academic plans, classroom-based activities, community-based service learning and school to work initiatives. Time will also be spent in the outdoor learning environment. With supervision and support from the clinical, special education and behavioral leadership staff, the Interventionist will provide therapeutic intervention and academic supports to students in both a one-to-one setting and group milieu.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain trauma informed best practices through connection, relationship building, co-regulation, empathy, acceptance, congruence, presence, and attunement.
- Ability to maintain awareness of own affect, posture, body language, and complexity and tone of language.
- Participate in on going evaluations and reviews of student education and treatment plans. Support students in the understanding and implementation of these plans.
- Become familiar with students’ academic abilities and disabilities, treatment needs and behavior plans in accordance with their Individual Education and Treatment Plan.
- Actively participate in Laraway School and agency meetings, trainings, events, etc.
- Complete all related program, agency, and regulatory paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrate and model respect for clients, families, staff and property.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships and appropriate boundaries with staff, clients and community partners.
- Strive at all times to foster a positive approach to problem solving and maintain a positive environment.
- Model and utilize best practices in education and special education.
Bachelor’s Degree, or pursuing bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services. Willingness to pursue, with agency training and supports, Behavior Technician certification.