Under supervision of the Food Services Coordinator, perform a variety of tasks related to the production and service of food and beverage items; ensure positive staff and student experience, and maintain standards of cleanliness and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate food portioning, safe and accurate operation of equipment, set-up and clean-up of assigned area.
- Through appropriate use of various equipment, prepare, restock and serve food as assigned.
- Comply with established health and food service standards related to sanitation and food handling practices.
- Keep current on the safe and appropriate operation of assigned equipment and departmental customer service expectations.
- Work with staff to solve problems and improve service.
- Maintain professional appearance and hygiene.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Ability to understand basic written and verbal instructions and to follow direction.
- The ability to cooperate and positively interact with guests and other staff.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- One-year of prior food service experience.
- Prior experience working in a school setting, or working with students is preferred.
- Knowledge of food service techniques, sanitation and safety.