The Special Education Case Manager manages all aspects of a student’s education services, in collaboration with the Clinical and Behavioral Services team. This position supports the student, team, teachers, and family in carrying out education and treatment goals and provides trauma informed care for our students. The position requires close collaboration with other school staff and partners from outside of the agency. Good communication skills and flexibility are a must for this position.
- Designs and implements individualized learning plans based on student needs, interests and assessments; including, but not limited to managing job sites, individualized coursework, work based learning and service learning projects.
- Facilitates and coordinates with Legal Education Agency to assure special education requirements are upheld.
- Collaborates with other agencies to meet treatment needs of students (social services, mental health agencies, job sites, and others).
- Facilitates home school coordination for students on caseload.
- Collaborates and team teaches to develop and deliver academics and therapeutic strength based activities from beginning to end of day.
- Works closely with clinical and behavioral staff in developing I.E.P. goals, treatment goals and behavioral plans
- Introduces and communicates to all staff, accommodations and goals from Individualized Educational Plans and Comprehensive Evaluations for the students on assigned caseload.
- Organizes and collects student specific data on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develops and delivers classroom and field based curriculum, based on current best practices utilizing a variety of medium including technology, project based learning, differentiated instruction and the concepts of universal designs for learning. Develop and submit substitute plans to supervisor.
- Creates and maintain daily, weekly and quarterly plans and schedules.
- Evaluates student progress, records results, and prepares grades and commentary to help inform student progress.
- Reviews student file for familiarity with Individualized Education Plans, learning abilities and other possible disabilities. Implement accommodations and goals from Individualized Educational Plans and Comprehensive Evaluations.
- Completes all related program specific, agency related and regulatory paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships and appropriate boundaries with staff, clients and community.
- Facilitates and coordinates with Legal Education Agency to assure special education requirements are upheld. Participates in I.E.P. development, evaluations and related special education and/or treatment meetings.
- Meets regularly with classroom staff to assure students are up to date with their educational goals. ·
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required, with Special Education Licensure preferred. Consideration will be given to those those nearing completion or a willingness to pursue completion of Licensure along with prior experience working with emotional and behavior disorders will be considered. Supervision towards completion is available.